Subject: Re: [boost] Getting fully uptodate
From: Klaim - Joël Lamotte (mjklaim_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-29 13:45:14

On Sat, Mar 29, 2014 at 6:23 PM, Paul A. Bristow <pbristow_at_[hidden]>wrote:

> but the Tortoise GIT folder icon for /libs/sync is still red
>
> (Red ! icon means "modified"?)
>
> so I have committed to develop
>
> and it is still red :-(

Could it be that TortoiseGit is just slow to update all the icons?
Depending on the number of files in the repo I work with, it can happen
that it takes a minute or more to udpate. (I'm on a windows laptop most of
the time)
I don't trust the icons anymore and only trust what git or mercurial tells
me directly, except when I have not been working recently with the repo.

It is not totally clear to me if it's only the icons that are red for you
or does git also says that there is some changes to commit.
My understanding is that it says there is no changes, which mean that the
icons are just not up to date.