Subject: Re: [boost] Proposal: Vector-like container, which takes O(log(N)) for insert/erase
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-03-31 16:37:30

On Mon, Mar 31, 2014 at 7:01 AM, Alexander Kuprijanov wrote:
> Hi, everybody!
> I've implemented a container, which has interface similar to vector and
> takes O(log(N)) for inserting/erasing.

HiAlexander,

Can you provide some additional details? It would be a good idea to
upload the code and documentation in a location that can be easily
reviewed online. http://github.com could host both for you. Aside from
describing the complexity of each operation, some performance
measurements (and comparisons to other containers like std::deque)
would also be worthwhile.

> Please tell me who is the coordinator of containers and what is the
> procedure of adding something to boost.

Ion is the maintainer for that library; you can find his contact
details at: http://github.com/boostorg/boost/blob/master/libs/maintainers.txt

A typical sequence for contributing to Boost is:
1. Soliciting feedback on this mailing list
2. Submission (see http://www.boost.org/development/submissions.html
for details)
3. Formal review (see http://www.boost.org/community/reviews.html for details)

> I would like to name it alex_kupriianov_array (after myself) and add it to
> boost.

Identifiers in Boost Libraries don't contain the names of their
inventors. :) (see http://www.boost.org/development/requirements.html
for additional guidelines)

Best,
Glen