Subject: Re: [boost] Application need a Review Manager. Anyone is interested?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-20 12:29:32

On 20 Apr 2014 at 12:10, Renato Forti wrote:

> Quick, Boost.Process is used to start a new process, Boost.Application is
> the process in fact. Boost.Application provides a model/environment
> build any application, not start an application.

Sure, I got that, but from the 90 seconds I looked at your docs it
wasn't clear to me why you appeared to be replacing instead of
extending Boost.Process. Of course you may not be replacing, but that
wasnt't obvious in 90 seconds of looking.

> http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/756866/Build-a-Server-Application-using-Application-Libra
> http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/695937/Creating-a-New-Application-Mode

Those articles give the impression that you're reinventing a lot of
Boost, yet from the docs I suspect you're actually providing
wrappers/plugins for various bits of Boost.

Yeah, I'd definitely redouble my advice to break up Application into
smaller, standalone, reusable bits. The problem with any overarching
framework is that it's a vision (i.e. your vision), and other
people's visions never peer review well, whether in academia, here in
Boost, or anywhere. Also, unless you're a member of Boost's steering
committee and/or on the C++ standards committee, any vision you
propose probably won't be given any benefit of the doubt
unfortunately.

Niall

--
Currently unemployed and looking for work in Ireland.
Work Portfolio: http://careers.stackoverflow.com/nialldouglas/