Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC, MPL11] Community probe
From: Roland Bock (rbock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-04-30 05:48:00

On 2014-04-29 23:42, Louis Dionne wrote:
> Roland Bock <rbock <at> eudoxos.de> writes:
>
>> I agree completely. I recently developed my own type set since I could
>> not use MPL (no full variadicity) or the standard library (no type set).
>> And even though it was kind of fun to implement, I would have preferred
>> to use something from the standard (or from something aiming to become
>> the standard).
> By any chance, would the type set implementation happen to be public?
> I know of a couple different ways to implement those, but it's always good
> to see what others have done.
The type set is part of sqlpp11:
https://github.com/rbock/sqlpp11/blob/master/include/sqlpp11/detail/type_set.h

It is a bit messy right now, but the basic idea should be obvious.
Please let me know if you have questions.

>> That being said, I think you should aim for TMP14. Personally I would
>> very much consider C++14 plus Concepts Lite, because you are building a
>> library for the future, not for the past.
> As I currently view things, C++14 won't be such a game changer wrt TMP,
> but I must look into Concepts Lite more seriously before that's definitive.
> See my answer to Gonzalo for more on that.
In my view, C++14 will not change what can be done, but return type
reduction and possibly tuple addressing via type will reduce the amount
of code I need to write. And Concepts Lite will have a tremendous impact
on sqlpp11 in terms of error messages generated by the compiler and the
amount of code.

Thus, before I try to get sqlpp11 into boost, I will rewrite it for
C++14 and Concepts Lite (and rename it ;-) ). Otherwise I would have to
carry on with too much code and too long error message way too long, I
believe.

> TYVM for your input,
> Louis

:-)