Subject: Re: [boost] Is Boost dead? [Re: Anyone is interested in being review manager of 'Application'?]
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-09 04:02:38

The move to modular Boost was a *massive* one, and it is clear that many people
haven't
got to grips with it yet. As an old git, I've struggled with what Linus himself
described as
"The Information Manager from Hell" and I think I am not alone.

I don't think we have the systems and documentation anywhere near good enough,
especially for those who are not regular GIT users.

The move to more local control of edit permission is also causing delays. I'd
like to go back to the previous 'honor' system.

Digesting C++14 and C++17? are also taking a lot of effort.

But maintenance *is* taking place, so Boost isn't dying, just maturing.

Including the Boost libraries is become 'Standard'.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow
Prizet Farmhouse