Subject: [boost] Trac request states - suggestion
From: Neil Groves (neilgroves_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-14 04:42:45

Dear Boost Developers,

While working with Trac to maintain Boost.Range I find that I frequently have solved issues but they are not ready to be merged to master due to the release schedule. I haven’t noticed a way in Trac to denote that the issue is fixed and waiting to be merged. This means that I frequently look up tickets that I have forgotten I have fixed. It also means that I have a sub-optimal process for merging to master.

I wondered if we might be able to squeeze in a “fixed in branch” field. It would help me considerably. Do other developers think this would help? Do you solve this in another, perhaps better way?

I’m happy to lend development time to get this done if there is consensus and we can risk me having write access to Trac code!

Thanks,
Neil Groves