Subject: Re: [boost] Boost review of the Convert library is ongoing
From: Vladimir Batov (Vladimir.Batov_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-14 18:31:13

Jeroen,

On 05/15/2014 03:47 AM, Jeroen Habraken wrote:
> I'd appreciate this as well, having had a strong opinion on the previous
> version of the library I'd love to have a look at what it evolved into.
>
> Jeroen

Thank you for your interest. I am very much looking forward to hearing
your opinion. Without you holding back. Truly. The last time after dust
settled and emotions subsided I was able to analyze all the input and to
come to conclusion myself that the design was, well, convoluted and
unworkable and expensive. On many levels it was a good learning
experience. So, you see, after all you were right back then. :-) My only
disappointment after the first failed review and all those strong
opinions was that nobody picked it up and nothing has come out
instead... maybe such component is not as important as I imagine it is.
Anyway, I am ready to listen, to adjust, to learn, to fail... :-) No
regrets.