Subject: Re: [boost] Thoughts on Boost v2
From: Sohail Somani (sohail_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-16 14:58:18

On 16/05/2014 2:35 PM, Sergey Popov wrote:
> On Fri, 16 May 2014 14:07:36 -0400
> Sohail Somani <sohail_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
>> I say a big fat yes to CMake. I love the elegance of bjam but CMake +
>> Ninja is ridiculous. CMake is elegant in its own way.
> I'd say big fat no to cmake. It's as silly as autotools if not more so.
> I'm tired of makefile generators and wouldn't contribute to any project
> requiring me to using them. I don't care if it's ninja or GNU make.

I had the same ideological revulsion to CMake years ago so I can
empathize with your position. I had very impolite names for it.

However, having moved more than one project over, productivity is much
improved all across. There are definitely quirks but those quirks are
usually well documented in my experience.

Sohail