Subject: Re: [boost] Thoughts on Boost v2
From: Sergey Popov (loonycyborg_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-16 19:05:56

On Fri, 16 May 2014 18:48:58 -0400
Sohail Somani <sohail_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> It may just be that CMake is chosen for C++ projects you follow in
> the future. If so, you might still find room for interesting things
> in the build system world. For example, there is currently a shake vs
> ninja benchmark battle [1] going on where someone like you could
> contribute.

I'm not interested in performance alone. I want to work on generalizing
nodes beyond just files and aliases. For example, merging configuration
into DAG proper. If makefile generators will be main focus in the
future I'll just give up on contributing because configuration/build
separation interferes with such generalization of nodes. Originally it
resulted from low extensibility of make utility so people extended it
with ./configure scripts which aren't integrated into DAG. Removing
this historical artifact is what I want to work on.