Subject: Re: [boost] Thoughts on Boost v2
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-16 19:22:27

On 17 May 2014 at 3:05, Sergey Popov wrote:

> > It may just be that CMake is chosen for C++ projects you follow in
> > the future. If so, you might still find room for interesting things
> > in the build system world. For example, there is currently a shake vs
> > ninja benchmark battle [1] going on where someone like you could
> > contribute.
>
> I'm not interested in performance alone. I want to work on generalizing
> nodes beyond just files and aliases.

Ah, exactly the topic of my talk tomorrow. You will almost certainly
find its accompanying position paper of interest:

http://arxiv.org/abs/1405.3323

It proposes we eliminate build systems by making the entire thing a
graph database compiling per-type rather than per-file.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/