Subject: Re: [boost] Thoughts on Boost v2
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-16 19:14:55

On 16 May 2014 at 23:54, Sergey Popov wrote:

> The point is I want to contribute to buildsystems themselves, as
> projects. Yet it's obvious to me that cmake as a whole is a mistake, so
> I can't contribute to it in good faith. The abundance of people
> considering it an upgrade compared to autotools and not another
> makefile hack suggests that there's little place for me in FOSS
> community.

Its sole upgrade feature over autotools is Windows compatibility.

I can't say I like cmake either, but it's clearly the closest tool
for the job. And it does have a huge community, with prewritten
modules and snippets all over the web. That ecosystem makes it
unfortunately attractive.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting