Subject: Re: [boost] Standalone boost::ignore_unused_variable_warning()
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-19 11:07:19

Adam Wulkiewicz wrote:
> There are some problems with the above example but this gave me an idea.
> The types could be passed as a parenthized list:
>
> BOOST_IGNORE_UNUSED_TYPEDEF_WARNING((T1, T2, T3));
>
> then internally used e.g. to build some function type or just passed to
> the
> BOOST_MPL_ASSERT_MSG as the last parameter.
>
> So as a reminder the other approach is:
>
> ignore_unused_typedef_warning<T1, T2, T3>();

I'm in favor of

    BOOST_IGNORE_UNUSED_TYPEDEF( T1 )
    BOOST_IGNORE_UNUSED_TYPEDEFS(( T1, T2, T3 ))

(Lack of semicolon is intentional and not an omission on my part.)

A macro would allow us to vary the implementation in the appropriate
compiler-specific way, or to omit it altogether on compilers that do not
warn.