Subject: Re: [boost] [ANN] libstudxml - modern XML API for C++
From: pmenso57_at_[hidden]
Date: 2014-05-21 21:51:31

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Eric Niebler" <eniebler_at_[hidden]>

> I personally like the idea of having a small, fast, lightweight XML
> parser with no external dependencies under the Boost Software License.

I would also--for both XML 1.0 and the less often used XML 1.1.

On top of that, I would also like to see modern C++ implementations of *current* versions of XInclude (1.0 Second Edition + the XPath-based xpointer() scheme), XPath (3.0, 3.1 forthcoming), XML Schema (1.1), XSLT (schema-aware 2.0, streaming 3.0 forthcoming), XQuery (3.0, 3.1 forthcoming), XProc (1.0 + a few of the obvious extensions), Relax NG, ISO Schematron, XML Catalogs, etc..

There are actually *very few* implementations of these things at current versions much less the 3.0 versions of XPath, XQuery, and (forthcoming) XSLT.

Regards,
Paul Mensonides