Subject: Re: [boost] throw or boost::throw_exception?
From: Emil Dotchevski (emildotchevski_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-31 15:23:36

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 11:55 AM, Andrey Semashev
<andrey.semashev_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 10:47 PM, Emil Dotchevski
> <emildotchevski_at_[hidden]> wrote:

>>> That's not necessary in principle. You can keep
>>> boost/exception/exception.hpp as-is in the new module; it's not a problem
>>> that the directory doesn't belong to it, so to speak.
>>
>> Right, it isn't necessary, but my original motivation for the
>> separation was to keep the stuff boost/throw_exception.hpp depends on
>> out of boost/exception/exception.hpp, which does not include anything
>> at all. Nobody else seems to appreciate this :) so why bother?
>
> Also, exception/exception.hpp is now conditionally included into
> throw_exception.hpp, but its contents are available unconditionally.
> It is now possible to disable Boost.Exception use in throw_exception()
> but still be able to use Boost.Exception.

That would still work if it's in the same header. At any rate, I think
that it's simply a good idea to have a common base type for all
exceptions that Boost emits, and that is a fine justification for
coupling the boost::exception type with the boost::throw_exception
function.

--
Emil Dotchevski
Reverge Studios, Inc.