Subject: Re: [boost] throw or boost::throw_exception?
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-05-31 14:55:23

On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 10:47 PM, Emil Dotchevski
<emildotchevski_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Sat, May 31, 2014 at 11:41 AM, Peter Dimov <lists_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> Emil Dotchevski wrote:
>>>
>>> I like the idea. Basically, I'll kill boost/exception/exception.hpp and
>>> move its content to boost/throw_exception.hpp. Thoughts?
>>
>> That's not necessary in principle. You can keep
>> boost/exception/exception.hpp as-is in the new module; it's not a problem
>> that the directory doesn't belong to it, so to speak.
>
> Right, it isn't necessary, but my original motivation for the
> separation was to keep the stuff boost/throw_exception.hpp depends on
> out of boost/exception/exception.hpp, which does not include anything
> at all. Nobody else seems to appreciate this :) so why bother?

Technically, you can merge the files, but to keep the code structure
more clear I'd still keep them separate. I.e. it isn't obvious that I
would find boost::exception definition in throw_exception.hpp.

Also, exception/exception.hpp is now conditionally included into
throw_exception.hpp, but its contents are available unconditionally.
It is now possible to disable Boost.Exception use in throw_exception()
but still be able to use Boost.Exception.