Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 1.56 timeframe
From: Marshall Clow (mclow.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-03 11:14:51

On May 23, 2014, at 4:49 AM, Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> On Fri, May 23, 2014 at 7:10 AM, John Maddock <boost.regex_at_[hidden]>wrote:
>
>> Is there a timeframe for the release of Boost 1.56? The current 1.56 page

>>> Fixed. Hopefully it's clearer now.
>>>

>> I still don't see a release schedule on the calendar - do we have one yet?
>>
>> Yes. Discussed and decided in Aspen. We are going to pick up the regular
> schedule. I assume that means the next release will be scheduled for the
> first Monday in August, but Marshall will be verifying that.
>
> Several other important decisions were made last week at various C++Now
> meetings, but haven't been posted to the list yet. Beyond the usual catch
> up after being out-of-the-office for a week, today is the deadline for
> papers for the upcoming C++ standards committee meeting, and most of the
> Boost people involved are in ship mode trying to finish committee papers.

Here’s my proposal for release (based on looking at the 1.53 schedule, with some extra time inserted):

June 16: Master closed for new libraries and breaking changes
June 30: Master closed, except by permission
July 7: 1.56.0 rc1
July 8: Master open for bug fixes and doc changes
July 21: Master closed, except by permission
July 28: 1.56.0 rc2
August 4: 1.56.0 release

— Marshall