Subject: Re: [boost] [Modularization] About adding sub-modules?
From: Andrey Semashev (andrey.semashev_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-04 14:12:35

On Wednesday 04 June 2014 20:59:34 Peter Dimov wrote:
> Andrey Semashev wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 4, 2014 at 11:03 AM, Vicente J. Botet Escriba
>
> > <vicente.botet_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>
> > > Could we add these sub-modules ?
> > >
> > > * Detail/WinApi
> >
> > Yes, this was discussed before. +1.
>
> I'm not very fond of sub-sub-modules. Why not just winapi? This could be
> very useful for those odd people outside Boost who don't really like
> including <windows.h>.

I'm ok with winapi name (actually, it sounds better).

But I don't want to make it a public library. People might get the idea that
we're trying to cover WinAPI in our headers while they only exist to cover
Boost needs. Really, this is just an implementation detail. A pretty ugly one,
but useful to multiple libraries.