Subject: Re: [boost] New dependency report
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-06 07:17:08

Antony Polukhin wrote:
> May be it would be better to move boost/mpl/bool.hpp,
> boost/mpl/bool_fwd.hpp, boost/mpl/integral_c.hpp, mpl/or.hpp,
> mpl/identity.hpp, mpl/and.hpp into the Core library?

No, a header called boost/mpl/something.hpp will never be part of Core, and
neither will a component boost::mpl::something. We might duplicate these as
boost/core/something.hpp and boost::core::something, but they will not be
quite the same as their mpl counterparts, and will not magically make a
module that includes a boost/mpl/ header drop its dependency to MPL.

As John said, let's not get carried away. Module names, header directories,
namespaces should match. boost/, boost/detail/, boost/pending/ headers that
do not obviously belong to a specific module can arguably be considered fair
game.