Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] Extracting lexical_cast from conversion
From: Antony Polukhin (antoshkka_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-06 13:30:57

vicente.botet_at_[hidden]>:

> Conversion depends on Math and Range due to lexical_cast.
>

> /math/ <http://www.pdimov.com/tmp/report-6d1f271/math.html>
>

> |<boost/math/special_functions/fpclassify.hpp>|
>
> * from |<boost/lexical_cast.hpp>|
>

> |<boost/math/special_functions/sign.hpp>|
>
> * from |<boost/lexical_cast.hpp>|
>

> /range/ <http://www.pdimov.com/tmp/report-6d1f271/range.html>
>

> |<boost/range/iterator_range_core.hpp>|
>
> * from |<boost/lexical_cast.hpp>|
>

> |Extracting LexicalCast allows to break these cycle|s
>
> Conversion -> Math -> Conversion
> -> Range -> Conversion

I'd rather solve it in other way:
Lexical_cast uses some common functions from Math (changesign, sign...).
May be it would be better to move those to some separate library...

Lexical_cast uses only iterator_range from Range library. iterator_range is
a widely used class, FWIW it would be better to move it to some sublibrary
(Core?)

Anyway, I'm OK with moving lexical cast into a separate library.

--
Best regards,
Antony Polukhin