Subject: Re: [boost] [modularization] Extracting lexical_cast from conversion
From: John Maddock (boost.regex_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-06 13:25:45

On 06/06/2014 18:08, Vicente J. Botet Escriba wrote:
> Conversion depends on Math and Range due to lexical_cast.
>

> /math/ <http://www.pdimov.com/tmp/report-6d1f271/math.html>
>

> |<boost/math/special_functions/fpclassify.hpp>|
>
> * from |<boost/lexical_cast.hpp>|
>

> |<boost/math/special_functions/sign.hpp>|
>
> * from |<boost/lexical_cast.hpp>|
>

> /range/ <http://www.pdimov.com/tmp/report-6d1f271/range.html>
>

> |<boost/range/iterator_range_core.hpp>|
>
> * from |<boost/lexical_cast.hpp>|
>

> |Extracting LexicalCast  allows to break these cycle|s
>
> Conversion -> Math -> Conversion
> -> Range -> Conversion
>
> Best,
> Vicente
>
> P.S. This dependencies have been introduced lately while trying to make
> the implementation more efficient.

And it's sensible to reuse that code rather than reinvent the wheel.

I'm open to the idea of some sort of "Math core" lib, even though it's
likely to suffer feature creep, but provided - and this is going to be
the controversial bit - that tests and docs remain in the "one true Math
lib". In other words it's just a small module containing some headers,
with links to the Math lib for docs and tests.

John.