Subject: Re: [boost] Let's not forget the release
From: Peter Dimov (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-08 07:37:23

Daniel James wrote:
> On 8 June 2014 10:22, John Maddock <jz.maddock_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> > The discussion on reducing dependencies is great, but folks, we do need
> > to produce a release soon, or else it'll be back to bad old days of one
> > release a year (if you're lucky). Just saying...
>
> Marshall posted a possible schedule a few days ago, I put it on the
> calendar:
>
> http://www.boost.org/development/
>
> It was proposed that master closes for breaking changes on the 16th, which
> is a bit short notice now.

I, for one, have both seen Marshall's post and been keeping the release in
mind.

That said, the idea that modules need to freeze their master branch is a SVN
relic. We are more evolved now; only the master branch of the superproject
needs to freeze, and we can do that simply by stopping the script that
updates the submodules on it.