Subject: Re: [boost] date_time -> serialization (Was: spirtit -> serialization)
From: Bjørn Roald (bjorn_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-15 11:48:17

On 06/15/2014 05:16 PM, Paul A. Bristow wrote:

> [...]

maybe 20% is my best guess for that probability, but it is only a guess.

> So having these in the same package doesn't really matter (except for the
> artificial level number)?

Would not that approach force all serialization users to depend on all
modules that happens to have serialization support embedded in
serialization module. How will that be better?

> Looking at the shrink-wrap users, I have a suspicion that this applies quite
> widely - many people will manage to pull in a big chunk of Boost.
>
> Rearranging the modules isn't going to change this much.
>
> Sub-sub-modules sound Very Evil to me.

It does not sound all that good to me either, but they are just modules.
So a better name may help with the "sound Evil" part.

> KISS applies?

Yes, how are you proposing to keep it simple?

--
Bjørn