Subject: [boost] big problem with dependency changes
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-16 01:23:33

Currently the master branch has a few problems. Here is one typical example.

My project uses the current master to provide boost libraries which I'm not
working on. One file has the statement

#include <boost/utility/enable_if.hpp>

which fails to compile since boost/utility/enable_if.hpp has been moved to
core.

This raises a few questions.

a) Isn't the master branch always supposed to be working?

b) There are a lot of intermediate checkins which break the master. Should
these be done an a branch and, once
they are believed to be all correct, merged in as a group. This would
support the concept a) above.

c) will I have to change code in the library I maintain to manually change
all occurrences of

#include <boost/utility/enable_if.hpp>

#include <boost/core/enable_if.hpp>

?

d) Why are the tests on the master branch passing?

Robert Ramey