Subject: Re: [boost] big problem with dependency changes
From: Glen Fernandes (glen.fernandes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-16 01:33:07

On Sun, Jun 15, 2014 at 10:23 PM, Robert Ramey wrote:
> My project uses the current master to provide boost libraries which I'm not
> working on. One file has the statement
>
> #include <boost/utility/enable_if.hpp>
>
> which fails to compile since boost/utility/enable_if.hpp has been moved to
> core.

The code lives in the Core module, but the Core module provides
<boost/utility/enable_if.hpp> which just forwards to
<boost/core/enable_if.hpp> so your code should not fail to compile.

> c) will I have to change code in the library I maintain to manually change
> all occurrences of
>
> #include <boost/utility/enable_if.hpp>

> #include <boost/core/enable_if.hpp>
>
> ?

No. There's no reason why Core's <boost/utility/enable_if.hpp> cannot
live on, just marked as deprecated, with all documentation referring
to <boost/core/enable_if.hpp>.

> d) Why are the tests on the master branch passing?

Did you run git submodule update --init?

Glen