Subject: [boost] [git workflow questions for boost]
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-25 12:18:59

I've discovered a couple of changes I want to see incorporated into some
boost libraries. In this particular instance the modules are mpl and tools.
The "best" way of doing this for me is to:

use github to fork the modules in question
clone the modules to my local machine
make (and test) my changes
push them to the the fork
enter a pull request.
sometime later delete the fork from github

This is well described here https://help.github.com/articles/fork-a-repo

So far so good.

But I have a couple of questions about this.

I currently have modular boost installed on my machine. It seems that I
want to:

delete the module in question.
clone to the same spot I just deleted.
do everything above.
delete the module again.
clone from the original? update super project? rerun b2 headers? what? - I'm
sort of at a loss here.

I'm sort of uncomfortable with deleting the "official" version - but it
seems the right think to do.

I would appreciate any observations/advice from some more experienced
boosters.

Robert Ramey