Subject: Re: [boost] Regression tests broken?
From: Tom Kent (lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-06-26 22:15:31

On Thu, Jun 26, 2014 at 1:13 PM, John Maddock <boost.regex_at_[hidden]>
wrote:

> No need to try anything else. I'll see if I can fix the problem. The option
>> is a new one I added this week to try and reduce testing hard drive space.
>>

> Any progress on this?
>
> I can obviously disable things like pre-compiled-headers and fix things
> that way, but that feels like the wrong fix to me (longer compile times
> etc).
>
> Thanks, John.

The --remove-test-targets bjam option seems to have shrunk things down a
bit. I'm not hitting the size limit anymore. It looks like we're down to
30GB/compiler from 60GB.

This solved my problem, but if we could have less churn on keeping
unnecessary object files, tests would run quicker (I believe that they are
usually disk IO limited, especially on windows). I'm not sure what if any
other solutions there are to this.

Tom