Subject: [boost] [1.56] Getting the release back on track - build errors
From: John Maddock (jz.maddock_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-02 14:28:07
There are several build errors when building current master, for this
test I used Mingw64:
* Context fails to build complaining about ml64 not being found, but
since I'm building with gcc it really should be using as?
* Thread fails to build complaining about missing
boost/utility/detail/result_of_iterate.hpp, this is a result of:
In boost/utility/result_of.hpp, we could presumably fix this by adding a
dependency that Boost.Build can actually track to this header.
Presumably we should do the same for all header iterations?
* Coroutine fails for the same reason as thread.
* Header only libraries are not installed when doing a
build/stage/install all, you have to explicitly invoke b2 headers. IMO
this will trip a lot of folks up.
* There is no mention of the "b2 headers" option from "b2 --help".
Question - I assume that if folks do a library-specific install then we
*don't* want to install all headers? Can we achieve that and yet make
the equivalent of "b2 headers" happen if folks do a build all?
Boost list run by bdawes at acm.org, gregod at cs.rpi.edu, cpdaniel at pacbell.net, john at johnmaddock.co.uk