Subject: Re: [boost] Test build for 1.56 available
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-08 08:10:19

Polukhin
> Sent: 08 July 2014 10:27
> To: boost_at_[hidden] List
> Subject: Re: [boost] Test build for 1.56 available

> > Odeint,
> > >
> > > does this issue require action on the side of the library authors
> > > (like generating and check-in of html etc.)?
> >
> > No autogenerated files in git, please. I believe these test archives
> > simply don't include all docs (not sure if that was intentional).
> >

> Looks more like missing redirects or infinite loop of redirects.
>
> Andrey is absolutely right about autogenerated files in git. About a half of
the
> archive is consumed by the autogenerated docs.
>
> It would be good to have "./b2 docs" in next release and remove all the
generated
> docs from git.

I agree - I've found that any generated items in git make maintenance
disastrously messy.

But we also need to ensure that the setup of the tools, Quickbook, Autoindex and
Inspect are all automatically built to a 'standard' location, and in the users
path, so that the

./b2 docs works slickly for everyone.

It will of course take quite a long time - hours ? - to regenerate all the docs
:-(

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow