Subject: Re: [boost] [clang] Using clang in Windows
From: Edward Diener (eldiener_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-15 14:00:13

On 7/15/2014 1:44 PM, loic.actarus.joly_at_[hidden] wrote:

>> Most probably. But on a practical basis many Boost libraries use Boost
>> PP so if there are problems in Boost PP for a particular compiler it
>> could easily affect an end-user's ability to use a Boost library. That
>> was my larger concern with arguing about clang for VC++'s unfortunate
>> consequence of emulating VC++ preprocessor bugs.
>

> Should they still do? Are there still so many uses for Boost PP ow that most compilers understand variadic templates?

There are approximately 45 Boost libraries out of a total of about 125
libraries that use Boost PP in some form. It is up to the individual
library developer whether variadic templates will work instead of using
Boost PP.

In my own tti library I see no way of passing the name of the element
being introspected except through a macro, much less the template
parameter list when attempting to introspect a nested class template.

There are still things for which a macro library like Boost PP are very
useful.