Subject: Re: [boost] 1.56.0 beta release candidate 2 available for testing
From: Vladimir Prus (ghost_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-15 16:46:33

On 07/15/2014 08:58 PM, Marshall Clow wrote:
> The second release candidate files for 1.56.0 beta are available at
> http://boost.cowic.de/rc/
>
> As always, the release managers would appreciate it if you download
> the candidate of your choice and give building it a try. Please report
> both success and failure, and anything else that is noteworthy.

It's a bad time to ask this question, but I've realized there were are number of
recent Boost.Build changes on develop, as summarized below. Maybe the key changes
are

- Support for Windows Phone with msvc.
- Speed optimization for msvc - by avoiding running setup script for every
   C file.

Do we want to merge that into master, and include in the release? Incidentally,
it appears that 'merge pull request' button on github UI does indeed produce
rather lame commit messages, so we might want to generally avoid it.

Edward Diener (8):
       Add a clang for Windows jam file for use with clang when the target is msvc.
       Merge branch 'develop' of https://github.com/boostorg/build into develop
       Added version of common.jam to be used for clang in VC++ target mode. This is just a current example of changes which work when using
clang in VC++ target mode in Windows, and should eventually be integrated into common.jam when we figure out how to support clang for both
VC++ target mode and mingw/gcc target mode on Windows.
       This file is essentially clang-linux.jam with changes for clang on Windows in gcc/mingw target mode, which should also use
clang-linux.jam. The changes are simply that multithreading should use the -pthread option rather than the -mthreads option on Windows. I
could have directly updated clang-linux.jam, since the change only affects clang targeted to Windows but I am being conservative and showing
the change in this file for others to look at first.
       Updated to make the setup threading more robust.
       Merge branch 'develop' of https://github.com/boostorg/build into develop
       Changes for clang on Windows using mingw/gcc
       Remove example file since changes have been integrated and tested in clang-linux.jam.

Juraj Ivančić (3):
       Support more than 64 parallel jobs (-j).
       Avoid creating a thread if remaining jobs can be placed in the same array as thread handles.
       add support for MSVC setup script rewrite

Jürgen Hunold (2):
       Merge pull request #16 from jivancic/slow_msvc_setup_scripts_2
       Merge pull request #5 from jivancic/more_than_64_jobs

Roland Schwarz (1):
       Handle explicit empty value for property-map.find-replace.

Steve Gates (8):
       Adding a new feature to help support building for the Windows Runtime (Windows store/phone). 1. Adds a new feature <windows-api>
for specifying the WINAPI_FAMILY API set to target. Defaults to desktop, which is how builds before my changes. 2. A few small changes
for adding ARM support. 3. Changes to call to correct vcvars setup script for Windows Phone 8.
       Removing use of testing.execute feature until it gets added in separate pull request.
       Updating to include support for Windows Phone 8.1.
       Addressing feedback from review: 1. Fixing up a bit how the phone setup script location is calculated. 2. Reusing
generate-setup-cmd rule in configure-really to avoid duplication and make cleaner. 3. Adding some more comments explaining.
       Support building for the Windows Runtime.
       Fixing build break with Visual Studio if phone scripts aren't installed with VS 2012 or 2013.
       Fixing problem preventing building on VS2010 due to locate-default-setup rule being passed an undefined value.
       Use WindowsPhoneCore.lib on Windows Phone

Vladimir Prus (2):
       Merge pull request #18 from MSOpenTech/dev12_phone81_fix
       Merge pull request #19 from MSOpenTech/fix_dev10_break