Subject: Re: [boost] [Boost Library Incubator] Unable to submit library
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-21 09:21:06

PITA.

> > You have keep reverting the /html files every time you want to GIT pull.
> >
> > And you have push the updated docs every time too - and these may be quite
big.

> > I don't see a better way round this yet. Ideas?
>
> I do not think that generated HTML documentation should be in Git. The only
reason
> I put it in for my VMD library is because it is on the Boost review queue, so
I am
> trying to make it easy for someone who might be interested in the library to
look at
> the documentation without having to create it themselves. But really, with the
> proper jamfile in the docs directory, anybody should be able to recreate the
docs.

> While I think it is an advantage of the Boost Library Incubator that someone
should
> be able to see the docs directly from the website, anyone interested enough in
> library should be willing to clone it locally and regenerate the docs.

Historically, building the docs has been a step too far for most people.

Unless the build process can be fully automated, it's just not going to happen -
not just to peruse a library that may never make it.

I think that until we have fully digested modular-GIT, that's not going to
happen either.

Paul

---
Paul A. Bristow