Subject: Re: [boost] [geometry] convex_hull: dispatch implementation details
From: Jeremy Murphy (jeremy.william.murphy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-21 09:39:26

Hey Adam,

thanks for the generous reply! OK, yeah, that makes sense about supporting
different geometries via strategies, etc.

I am working on the implementation on company time, so I'll have to ask
them about contributing it -- I would love to, of course and I think there
is a good chance. The algorithm I'm using is a relatively recent and
simple one by Park and Oh:
http://www.iis.sinica.edu.tw/page/jise/2012/201205_10.pdf

I will probably implement it specifically for my work's purpose to begin
with, but I would like to keep geometry and coordinate genericity as a goal
in the back of my mind. The parameters in PostGIS are about the same as
what I'm doing, although the percent coverage may work differently to Park
& Oh's "smoothness" parameter. I wasn't planning to include holes but I
can see that it would be a useful feature.

Cheers.

Jeremy