Subject: Re: [boost] Boost 1.56 ARM builds broken? (was: Re: [Boost-users] [1.56.0] Beta 1 Available)
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-21 20:03:10

On 21 Jul 2014 at 23:09, Andrey Semashev wrote:

> > That smells to me like ARM Ubuntu 14.04 has a badly configured clang?
> > Thoughts?
>
> Boost.Atomic uses compiler macros to select the backend. Given that assembler-
> based ARM backends don't emit strexb/ldrexb, I suspect that the backend based
> on the __atomic* intrinsics is used. If the compiler is not able to compile
> these intrinsics and yet reports them as lock-free then this is a compiler bug
> that should be reported to clang team.

I think this is an Ubuntu ARM clang packaging problem. If you force
the cpu it compiles, so I think it needs reporting there.

GCC 4.8 on ARM is still broken though. Boost Build is selecting bad
compiler flags as default for that configuration.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/