Subject: Re: [boost] Understanding Jam Files
From: Steven Watanabe (watanabesj_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-25 17:42:47

AMDG

On 07/25/2014 02:59 PM, Axel Ismirlian wrote:

> If I wanted to add a missing property for a particular platform where would
> I go about doing that? Are the properties initially taken from the OS
> specifications that boost reads from the machine somewhere or how does that
> work?

A feature can have a default value which is determined
when the property is defined (see builtin.jam). If a
feature has no value when building a target, then it must
have been declared as optional. Properties can be specified
on a target, for a project (including user-config.jam),
or on the command line.

> Should I make a user-config.jam to add it?

It depends on what you're trying to achieve.

> I have looked into
> property-set.jam, property.jam, and feature.jam, but where does their data
> come from?

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe