Subject: Re: [boost] [geometry] convex_hull: dispatch implementation details
From: Jeremy Murphy (jeremy.william.murphy_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-28 21:07:11

Veering slightly off topic but still related to Geometry development, I've
hit some hurdles with the rtree index. I could create an index of points
easily but then couldn't query for the nearest neighbour of a segment. (I
assume this is simply not supported at present; is it forthcoming?) So I
created a ring or polygon from the segment and tried to query for the
points that it covers/intersects, which is a feature listed in the
documentation, but I've hit this compilation error:

/usr/include/boost/geometry/algorithms/detail/overlay/get_turn_info.hpp:932:32:
error: no matching function for call to
‘boost::geometry::model::referring_segment<const
boost::geometry::model::d2::point_xy<double> >::referring_segment(const
boost::geometry::model::point<double, 2ul,
boost::geometry::cs::cartesian>&, const
boost::geometry::model::point<double, 2ul,
boost::geometry::cs::cartesian>&)’

This constructor for referring_segment looks OK to me, except maybe for the
'const' qualifier on the arguments?

Cheers.

Jeremy