Subject: Re: [boost] What are the things that we HAVE TO fix before shipping 1.56.0?
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-29 05:52:03

On 28 Jul 2014 at 19:32, Edward Diener wrote:

> > What is currently failing is MSVC 10 (VS2010) in C++0x build mode.
> > AFIO has not changed since Boost 1.55, so something has changed in
> > 1.56. It is something to do with the scoped enum emulation, what used
> > to work no longer works in VS2010 on 1.56.
>
> Can you trace this to something in one of the Boost libraries AFIO uses
> ? If so that issue might need to be addressed for 1.56.

I figured out the cause - up until now the code just happened to work
by accident under 32 bit, and I only had a WinXP CI test slave
before. Under 64 bit it breaks as it should have done since the
beginning.

So, we can scratch this problem, it was AFIO at fault. I look more
forward every day to when VS2014 comes out and I can drop VS2010
support like a stone.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting