Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] [Boost.Hana] Formal review request
From: Paul A. Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-31 10:15:38

That isn't quite what Quickbook does - it marks the start and end of the snippet
in the example .cpp.

So What You Mark is What You Get - always.

No eyeballing!

> > How about an alphabetic index of functions, names, words, concepts, ideas
...?

> > We are used to using the index in books, but they are less common in e-docs.
> > Despite hyperlinks, navigation and search are still troublesome.
> > I find the index really useful when dealing with the monster
> > Boost.Math docs - and I wrote some of it!
>
> I disabled the index because I thought the documentation was best browsed by
using
> the type classes structure. Of course, this implies that one knows which
methods are
> in which type class, and that's circular. I'll see if the Doxygen-generated
index makes
> some sense and I'll re-enable it if it does.

I recommend this - makes docs bigger by who cares?

But Doxygen index isn't an index like a book - to words etc in the body of the
text.

So if you don't know the name of the function, you are stuck.

Most of us are blindly using a Famous Search Engine - with mixed results in my
experience.

However, your docs are at least as good as most, and I think this issue of
finding things is still largely unsolved.

I'd concentrate on other issues.

Good luck

Paul