Subject: Re: [boost] [GSoC] [Boost.Hana] Formal review request
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-07-31 11:54:41

Paul A. Bristow <pbristow <at> hetp.u-net.com> writes:

> [...]
>

> > The first command regenerates the doc and creates the commit on the
> > gh-pages branch, and then I push it after a quick validation on my part.
> > So the examples are always up-to-date, but the whole process could surely
> > be more automatic. Something like a post commit hook could regenerate the
> > doc, but I don't know how to set that up and I've more urgent things to
> > do right now.
>
> That isn't quite what Quickbook does - it marks the start and end of the
> snippet in the example .cpp.

Yes, Doxygen does the same. I meant I examined the output to make sure I
did not screw things up myself, not to make sure the right example code was
included. My comment blocks look like

    /*!
     * Brief description
     *
     * Detailed description
     *
     *
     * @snippet example/foobar.cpp some_tag
     */

and then, I have in example/foobar.cpp:

    //! [some_tag]
    some example code here
    //! [some_tag]

Doxygen will include verbatim everything inside both tags. I'm pretty sure
we were talking about the same thing.

> [...]
>
> However, your docs are at least as good as most, and I think this issue of
> finding things is still largely unsolved.
>
> I'd concentrate on other issues.

I'll keep on improving the documentation and check out TODOS on my list
(it has grown quite large with all the discussions).

> Good luck

Thanks!

Louis