Subject: Re: [boost] [Python] Improved exception handling for Python embedding
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-01 20:06:40

On 1 Aug 2014 at 15:34, Emil Dotchevski wrote:

> > (BTW error_already_set means "go ask the python runtime for the
> > error". It is very deliberately and intentionally held separate from
> > the C++ exception system for lots of very good reasons
>
> Yes, this makes perfect sense. Since the Python runtime can be used to
> gather anything and everything related to the failure, there is no reason
> to use an alternative system to transport that data to the catch site.
>
> Thanks for the correction.

It's only from bitter experience. My knowledge of BPL has faded
enough I can no longer reliably help people with it :(. However BPL
was how I first entered the world of Boost back 2001. If you dig
through the c++-sig mail archives, you'll find many very angry posts
by me directed against poor Dave who took it all with exceedingly
good humour. I've always held him in the highest of esteems since.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/