Subject: Re: [boost] [Python] Improved exception handling for Python embedding
From: Michael Koenig (michael.koenig_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-04 01:55:31

Hey guys!

Thanks for the feedback. What I gather is:

1) Yes, there is interest in decent exception handling
2) Still, it should be possible to use the nearly free exception system
that it is currently in place
3) It would be nice to know which python exception has been thrown, though.

For Reinhard, Austin, and me this means that we will work on additional
features which allow easy access to python exceptions should the user
desire. This would heighten the level of abstraction provided by
Boost.Python as a whole, since less CPython API code must be written by
its users.

We will commit some code once we are confident we meet all requirements.

Cheers

Michael