Subject: Re: [boost] Metadata pull requests
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-18 11:32:28

I'm curious about this metadata idea.

Maybe there has been a discussion about it and I didn't see it. But in any
case I have a couple of questions:

a) what is the immediate intended purpose and benefit?
b) what are some possible future intended purposes and benefits?
c) why was json chosen rather than some xml schema. The reason I ask this
is that your documentation build system is based on xml transforms. It seems
to me that (not having answers to the a and b above) that a more natural
choice for something like would be some xml schema.

Robert Ramey