Subject: Re: [boost] Metadata pull requests
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-18 12:18:26

On 18 August 2014 17:05, Glen Fernandes <glen.fernandes_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 18, 2014, Daniel James wrote:
>> Creates a single location for the data, which is currently duplicated
>> in several different places, and is often inconsistent. We might also
>> add more data, such as expected failures.
>>

> I wonder if the root index.html in every library could be generated
> from information specified in meta/libraries.json also - instead of
> each library providing a handwritten version with not much more than a
> redirect.

Not with the current contents of libraries.json, as the root
index.html file is typically considered the location of the
documentation, since it's typically more permanent, predictable and
memorable than the actual location. For most libraries, you can go to
something like 'http://www.boost.org/libs/smart_ptr' and end up in the
right place, even if the documentation files are moved to a new
location within the module.