Subject: Re: [boost] Metadata pull requests
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-18 19:50:03

On 18 Aug 2014 at 15:23, Daniel James wrote:

> I just created about 100 pull requests to add library metadata to
> modules that don't already have it. Apart from them all containing the
> same typo, I think it went okay. I forgot to mention that the file
> format is documented at:
>
> http://www.boost.org/development/library_metadata.html
>
> I'll spend a bit of time improving that soon, so let me know if
> there's anything missing.

Can you add the following fields please:

* First order dependencies, on other Boost libraries and third party
libraries
* Optional first order dependencies, Boost and third party
* URL to unit test or CI dashboard, with optional unit test coverage
percentage.
* Version of the library, which is different to that of Boost
* Last major feature release date of the library
* Compiler major versions tested upon e.g. MSVC10, GCC4.4
* Language standards supported e.g. 98, 03, TR1, 11, 14 etc.
* Build and linkage supported e.g. DLL, SO, header-only, static
library
* CPU architectures tested upon e.g. ARMv7 BE, x86 LE etc.
* Current open defect count on the Boost issue tracker (no, this
should not be automated!) and when this count was last updated. If I
were feeling mean I'd require the inverse squared mean date of when
those issues where opened so one can judge the staleness of the
maintenance of a library.

You'll note that a lot of those match Robert's Incubator project
page. I'm thinking he might be able to pull his project page from the
JSON, that way it also stays fresh automatically over time.

If you'd like even more fields I have more, but I figure the above is
a reasonable minimum. If you want I can supply the rest too.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting
http://www.nedproductions.biz/