Subject: [boost] [GSoC] [Boost.Hana] Status update
From: Louis Dionne (ldionne.2_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-18 19:23:48

Dear Boost,

Summer of code is coming to its end, and I think this is a good time to give
an update about Hana and what's going to happen next.

In early august, I asked for a review of Hana. As a result, I got many
comments and questions which helped me improve the library and also take
the pulse of the C++ community. Ever since the review, I've been working
on improvements and modifications to the library and its documentation.
Thanks to all of those who gave comments, and especially to those who
experimented with the library and reported problems/thoughts.

My initial (personal) objective was to push a new library in Boost by the
end of the summer. I now realize that this is unlikely to happen given the
amount of work that's left and the amount of time on my hands. That being
said, I still think Hana solves the problem of C++ metaprogramming in a
very elegant way, and I'm not giving up on its development because GSoC
ends. Hence, I will continue working on the project as much as my studies
allow it and I plan to ask for informal reviews during fall. Eventually, I
still hope to fulfil my initial goal of making Hana available to a wide
audience via Boost.

I would also like to mention that I will be presenting Hana at CppCon 2014
in september; consider attending if you followed the project this summer.

Finally, I would like to thank everyone that was involved with making my
participation to GSoC possible; I worked hard, had a lot of fun and I think
my work (or at least derivations of it) will be useful to Boost and the wider
C++ community given enough time.

Regards,
Louis