Subject: Re: [boost] [Container] Provide more guarantees for flat_multimap
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-19 07:39:44

On 19 Aug 2014 at 14:33, Gavin Lambert wrote:

> >> After thinking way too hard for a bit, I'd reckon it stands for
> >> "constant time". I would not have deciphered it without the "low
> >> latency" and "no allocation" hints.
> >
> > It does.
> >
> > I like the idea of a noalloc_t tag, so insert(noalloc_t,
> > node_ptr_type &&v). Thoughts?
>
> Shouldn't tags traditionally be the final argument?

Pre-C++11 I would agree. However availability of variadic args makes
putting tags at the end harder than at the start. For me personally
in my own code, I would prefer all tags to go at the front rather
than some at the start and some at the end.

Ok, I'm being lazy, but it saves productivity in having to write
Args&&... filters just to put tags at the end.

Unless you know of a better way?

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting