Subject: Re: [boost] sqlpp11, 3rd iteration
From: Michael Shepanski (mps_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-08-20 02:30:52

On 20/08/2014 9:54 AM, Gavin Lambert wrote:

> If you made your type implicitly convertible to optional and back,
> that ought to make everybody happy. :) (Well, except maybe the folks
> who hate implicit conversions, but they're never happy.)

I love implicit conversions. I love implicitly converting const char*
to std::string. I love implicitly converting std::string to
boost::optional<std::string>. So imagine my heartache when they told me
I couldn't implicitly convert const char* to boost::optional<string>.
What, you mean I can't really use const char * /wherever/ I can use
std::string?

I feel that I'm in for more tears if we have an implicit conversion from
boost::optional to something else.

--- Michael