Subject: Re: [boost] [spinlock] concurrent_unordered_map is ready for review
From: Niall Douglas (s_sourceforge_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-02 18:59:39

On 2 Sep 2014 at 13:10, Glen Fernandes wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 2, 2014 at 10:32 AM, Robert Ramey wrote:
> > What do you mean by "ready for review" exactly?
> >

> While the thread subject [now] confuses me also: Was the motivation
> for the thread to find someone who is interested in improving this
> concurrent_unordered_map implementation such that it would be accepted
> into some Boost library?

A number of people on this list were interested in knowing when I
felt concurrent_unordered_map was ready for production use, and the
algorithmic design I finally settled upon which is quite a mongrel.

Posting here was the easiest way of doing that, and I am working with
a number of people off-list who emailed me privately after the
announcement. I also welcome comments on its algorithm and its
choices of design tradeoffs here, as it is unconventional.

I have no intention of submitting it for inclusion into the Boost
libraries. A GSoC student can do that next year, he/she would benefit
far more from the experience than I.

Niall

--
ned Productions Limited Consulting