Subject: Re: [boost] [serialization] [libstdc++] [detail] utf8_codecvt_facet fixes broke serialization test_array_xml_warchive
From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-06 20:37:37

Beman Dawes wrote
> The specific crash message is:
>
> *** Error in
> `../../../bin.v2/libs/serialization/test/test_array_xml_warchive.test/clang-linux-libstdcpp/debug/test_array_xml_warchive':
> double free or corruption (!prev): 0x00000000015f6f90 ***
>
> It occurs for clang, gcc, and intel compilers, using libstdc++. It does
> not
> occur with clang using libc++. It does not occur with msvc 10.0, 11.0, or
> 12.0.
>
> None of the other libraries (filesystem, log, program_options,
> property_tree) that use utf8_codecvt_facet are failing on develop.
>
> This is mainly a heads up to let people know that the serialization
> problem
> in develop is being worked on, but it may be a day or two before I have a
> fix.

I'm not seeing where this came from. This problem existed several months
ago and I spent some time tracking it down, making changes and fixed it.
Problems are not showing up in the master branch.

Now my fix was backed out. Presumably something iwasn't quite right
about it. But now the original problem has reappeared in the develop
branch. I presume that whoever backed out my fix is "fixing the fix"
so I can just ignore it.

I am sort of curious why my fix was backed out. There wasn't any
issue with the serialization library until that was done. So there
must have been some other issue. What was it? I'm just curious.

Robert Ramey