Subject: Re: [boost] Finite state machine
From: Greg Rubino (bibil.thaysose_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-06 22:16:45

Hi,

On Sep 6, 2014 2:14 PM, "arcolight" <arcolight_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> Hi all.
> I have a question about participation in boost libraries. In my embedded
project I'm using finite state machine and I tried to use one of the boost
implementations of FSM, but they are too big and complex. Main disadvantage
of them is usage of dynamic memory allocation, that I can't afford on my
CPU and many dependencies, that I can't use on my CPU. CPU is ARM Cortex-M4
with 128K memory, I've no operating system in my project.
> I have write my own FSM implementation without dynamic memory and
dependencies, it's more simple, than boost libraries, but, of course, not
so powerful.

This is something that would be very interesting to me, but I wonder if the
memory allocation can be factored out in the current boost library by using
allocators or something. I'm not terrible familiar with the libraries
internals, but I'd be willing to take a look at my next free cycle. To be
clear, is there another state machine lib in boost besides
boost.statechart? That's the only one I'm familiar with from a user
perspective.

-Greg