Subject: Re: [boost] [TR1] Reming TR1? [was: Libraries failing across the board.]
From: Daniel James (dnljms_at_[hidden])
Date: 2014-09-08 12:25:43

On 8 September 2014 16:28, John Maddock <boost.regex_at_[hidden]> wrote:
>> We went back and forth a bit, and decided to remove TR1 after 1.56.0
>> shipped.
>>
>> What exactly needs to be done?
>>
>> * Remove the .gitmodules entry.

You also need to remove the gitlink. Just use 'git rm libs/tr1/' and
git should sort everything out. In older versions this had to be done
manually, but it should be automatic now.

>> * Remove the status/Jamfile.v2 entry.
>> * Remove the libs/maintainer.txt entry.

Also, libs/libraries.htm, and from the documentation build. There's
also something in the headers code in Jamroot.

>> * Update http://www.boost.org/doc/libs/
>>
>> Anything else?
>

> Only update the release notes I guess - but it may be too soon for that - do
> we have any yet?

Yes, normal place:

https://github.com/boostorg/website/blob/master/feed/history/boost_1_57_0.qbk

Also, any repos which use TR1 will need to be updated: algorithm,
config, fusion, math, and possibly more.